Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, February 4, 2011

Candy Land Smash Cake

Miss Isla James is turning one tomorrow!  I can't believe the time has flown by so fast.  Seems like just a couple of months ago we were throwing a baby shower for her mama and awaiting her arrival.  Jo-Ann, Isla's super hip and fabulous mom, is throwing her a Candyland inspired first birthday and asked me to put together a last minute smash cake for the birthday babe to tear to pieces.  

I'd been dying to try my hand at those gorgeous iced sugar cookies I see everywhere and splurged the other day at William Sonoma on about 35 new cutters to beef up my collection.  

Shiny happy cutters

I thought I'd try to somehow incorporate these adorable sugar cookie pops into Isla's smash cake.

And the rest of the cookie pops make a fabulous bonus cookie bouquet for the party.  Check out the pics for more details.




Cones, candles and candies.

The cake turned out better than I'd hoped.  Using candy dots and a few of the sugar cookie pops, I kept the design clean, but still happy and youthful. Best of all the hostess loved it as much as I did!




 The Birthday Girl approves!


Happy Birthday, Isla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies