Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cake Lessons

My neighbor Stacy and I decided we would take the plunge and sign ourselves up for cake decorating lessons at our local Michael's Craft Store.  At around $25 for 4 classes, it's a total steal.  (The gear and buckets of frosting and baked goods, however, quickly add up!)  I can't recommend the class enough to get some basic skills under your belt.  I personally have been picking up frosting tips  (the metal kind, not the friendly advice sort) for a while, but never had any idea how to use them or what they could do.  Now I at least have a starting point on the basics.  Next course: gum paste and fondant flowers.  Check out the final results of 4 classes.


Clean slate for roses


End results


 Detail

Watch out, Vons - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies