Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Preview: Toy Story Birthday


So I'm working on a new party with a really fab and fun theme: Toy Story 3.  Soooo many ideas and visuals to draw from!  I remembered that Powell's Candy Store had these gummi green army men and ran in to get some for the candy buffet.  How perfect are they?  Wasn't sure initially how I was going to use them, I just knew that I wanted needed them.

Since they're gummi candies and therefore pretty floppy, I wanted to find a way to display them that gave maximum impact.  So I bagged 'em and tagged 'em individually like toys off the shelf and will make a display board to hang them from for the party.  Love how these turned out!

Amaze-balls, no?



Hand cut sign for above the candy buffet.

Jesse swirl pops in Abby's old boots
Detail

Buzz figure

Getting closer to the party date, so I'm practicing decorating cupcakes.  We're having Mr. Pricklepants and the little green aliens, which took a little longer and a few more attempts to get just right, but I think we're there:


Mr Pricklepants hats

Mr Pricklepants trial run

 Mr Potato Head Pops!

Hamm pops!

 Jesse's hat sugar cookies


Love the whipstitch details.

detail

Woody's badge sugar cookies






UPDATE: finalized version of alien and Mr. Pricklepants cupcakes










2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I was wondering if you made the TOy Story cake or had it made? The party looks like it was wonderful fun.

    Thanks,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning my own Toy Story party right now and mentioned you in my planning post -- https://hunnyimhomeblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/toy-story-birthday-pinspiration/. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies