Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, March 11, 2011

Cars Birthday Goodies


My friend Susan is throwing a Cars themed birthday this weekend for her little guy, Thomas, who is turning three.  She wanted a couple dozen cookies and cupcakes and gave me free reign to put something together for her.  I came up with a Lightning McQueen styled sugar cookie with a "3" instead of the original "95" he usually sports and some decadent double chocolate cupcakes with coordinating custom wrappers and picks.   Take a look to see the progression and the final products. Enjoy!

The Lightning McQueen cookies were labor intensive, but I'm really pleased with the results!  I did a trial run to try and figure out if I could recreate the character in royal icing:

Trial run

Some minor tweaks were made to the original prototype; nix the blue eyes, simplify the grille, swap out black headlights for white ones, and bling out the tires with black sugar crystals. And voila!  Below is the final product.




The cookies then got bagged and tagged with custom birthday labels and ribbon to be given out as fab edible favors  to party goers.


The cupcakes were less intensive, but still a great addition to her theme with the use of custom picks and wrappers.



Happy birthday, Thomas!

2 comments:

  1. Your cookies are terrific! Do you sell them? I am looking for Lightning McQueen sugar cookies for my son's 5th birthday party! Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thanks so much for your kind words. I would love to whip up some of these darling Lightning McQueen cookies for your little guy's birthday. Please email me at ohsugar.events@yahoo.com with your details - party date, quantity and your location so I can give you a custom quote.

    thanks again!
    Angela from Oh, Sugar! Events

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies