Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bun in the Oven Shower


At the end of a psychotically busy week (4 different cookie projects totaling 12 dozen of the little buggers, a wedding cake and back to back showers) came this darling "Bun in the Oven" shower for my dear friend Erin.  The inspiration for this vintage feeling party was my daughter's retro looking oven.  I love the cheerful red and aqua color combo with tons of cherry accents.  Be sure to check out all the kitchen-y details sprinkled through out.  Enjoy!



These fab "cherry pie" cupcakes (as well as the sweet banner above our oven) were made by the mama-to-be's sister, Bonnie, from Owl Have A Cupcake.  Adorable and delicious!


I'm usually hesitant to use flowers in my parties - not because a I don't like them (I love them, in fact), but because I never think they'll fit within my budget.  But I'd heard Trader Joe's had peonies in store for $6 a bunch and I couldn't resist!  Vases from the Dollar Tree and $36 worth of flowers yielded four sweet arrangements for the dessert buffet and dining tables.  Add a few kitchen utensils to tie in the "bun in the oven" theme and set on a stack of red and white cookbooks and voila!  




Also from Owl Have A Cupcake - my favorites!

What a score from Walmart! Cina-mini-buns!


Potholder garland.

Table scape.


Cherry onesie place setting.

Congrats Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies