Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Making of Miss Scarlett


I received an order for six dozen Gone With The Wind themed cookie favors for a bridal shower (now THAT is a large shower!) and was so excited  to give it a go!  She originally wanted the movie poster and I thought - Oy! Now way can I pull that off.  So I did a little on line research and figured I could pull off Scarlett in her iconic green and white dress.  Here is a behind the scenes on the making of Miss Scarlett. Enjoy!


I start by finding a cookie cutter that will do most of the work.  This random princess will do.  I needed Scarlett to face to the left and my princess was facing to the right.  No problem.  I just cut her out and flipped her over on the cookie sheet.  Then I added a blob of dough to her head to create her oversized hat.  I then trace the baked cookie and make a sketch.

Ain't she a vision?

Sketch detail.

Start with head and arm placement.

Outline hat bow and add sash.

Fill in bow one section at a time.

Add hair.

Outline bow (you can see my "master cookie" 's yellow food coloring outline).

Add hat and outline sash and dress. 

I always chicken out when it comes to detailing faces so I left her blank but gave her a little ear definition.

Fill in dress.

Add floral print with edible pen, outline dress and sleeves.  And fiddle-dee-dee, there she is!

The Gone with the Wind collection.

Novel cookies.

Polka dotted hand fans.

Fan detail.

Love this collection!  Congrats to the bride!

5 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies