Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, April 8, 2011

Cowboy Party Treats


My friend Nichole is throwing a cowboy birthday party for her little buckaroo, Forrest, who's turning three this weekend.  She asked me for two dozen western themed cookies and a birthday cake.  I am kinda in love with how these turned out and so excited to finally use my fab wagon find for something other than junk mail collector.  Enjoy!




Sheriff detail.




Silver spur detail.




The hostess and I debated on whether or not to bag and tag these as favors to go or to leave them naked.  Ultimately we decided to wrap them up with a little bit of twine and a custom tag.  Good decision!

All dressed up and ready to go.

Detail.


Now on to the cake:  I was a little nervous to take this on.  It's one thing to do a cake for my family (where if it doesn't turn out well I can just trash it and run over to Bristol Farms for a replacement), but it's a whole 'nother level of pressure when you've been paid to produce something.  


This design is actually a remix of the cowgirl cake I did for my daughter's second birthday.  The bottom tier is two layers of marble cake with lemon filling; the middle layer is devil's food with milk chocolate filling and the top tier is a vanilla cake with lemon frosting and royal icing cactus prickles.  So excited to present these goodies to the sweet birthday boy.  Stay tuned for a post from the actual party!

The original version.



Happy birthday, Forrest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies