Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Trails to You - A Camping Themed Wedding


Oh my god!  The camping wedding came and went yesterday and it was so elegant and beautiful and fun - a true reflection of, Kim and Steve, the happy couple.  When the bride first approached me with her idea of a camping inspired dessert table I was totally on board!  How fun!  

My mind started spinning with ideas.  Camping, camping, camping...  Obviously s'mores would have to be involved.  Maybe trail mix?  A plate of gorgeous nature-inspired sugar cookies?  We'd figure it out.  I couldn't wait to get started.  Take a look at the results of a table that reflects  the newlyweds' love of all things woodsy.  Enjoy!


Working with a palette of chocolate brown, mossy green and a happy pop of orange, I did a lot of research and planning to make camping in the woods elegant enough for an occasion as special as a wedding, while still keeping it loose and playful. Talk about pressure!  I started by constructing the tent feature I knew I wanted as the centerpiece of the table, then filled in with all the fun details.


Twigs collected from the park were used to create this rustic "Happy Campers" sign.

Pine cones and moss-filled mason jars with tea lights for a little rustic romance inside the tent.

Toadstool cake pops.

Detail.

Camping inspired sugar cookies.

Wood grained with couple's initials.


Campfire cookies.

Detail.


Swiss army knife - love these!

Corkscrew detail.

Acorns and oak leaves.



My twist on the old dirt and worms cupcake.


The layers: edible chocolate rocks, chocolate cake "dirt" and buttercream "grass" all put together in these adorable miniature mason jars and tied up with these amazing birch dessert forks.  LOVE.

Surprise inside.



Mossy couple's initials.

Love bird detail.

Wildlife captured.




Chocolate dipped and graham cracker crusted jumbo marshmallows on hand whittled (by yours truly!) pine twigs make up these amazing "S'mores on a Stick".





How perfect are these custom log platters?



Because life is better with a cherry on top!
Congrats again Kim and Steve!

10 comments:

  1. BLOWN.AWAY.
    Sooo much talent my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, doll! A great theme to work with and a beautiful couple to do it for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing table. LOVE every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the cutest parties I have ever seen! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Chris and Brittany - Thank you so much for your kind words and for checking us out! Angela from Oh, Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love, your newest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angela,
    I LOVE this post and I wanted to let you know that a Facebook site called "Cashmere Cupcakes" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cashmere-Cupcakes/180784848634142 is trying to post it as their own. :( I'm giving them a piece of my mind right now. Following you now though -- the real creative mind! :) xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! So adorable! I am dying to know where you found those lanterns! I have been searching hi and lo for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jen C! These were a find from Ikea - They were a good price (can't remember how much but I wouldn't have bought so many if they weren't. Maybe you can still find them on line (they might have been a summer thing).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything on your page!

    I'm going camping with the BFs fam for the first time and want to impress. I want to attempt the mason jar cake. Please, how do you go about putting the cake in the mason jar? Do you just cut it to that size? I imagine you aren't baking it in them since you have the choc rocks on the bottom. Also, how do you get the grass effect on the frosting? I'm clueless to cute baking.

    Thank you for any help! Your site is the only non-school related site that I have bookmarked! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies