Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pajama Party


What a fun birthday party idea!  My client wanted a slumber party themed dessert table for her little girl.  But the party was during the day and no one was sleeping over.  Hmm...  That one was a head scratcher. Basically the kiddos were coming over in their jammies to enjoy some morning-after breakfast-themed treats.  The hostess really wanted a parfait bar, as it's one treat her little one enjoys.  She also requested a "cereal bar" and the rest was left to my imagination.  Check out our pics to see the rest of all the sweet details.  Enjoy!

Dessert table "bed" with "Sweet Dreams" banner.


The birthday girl, Sofia, is really into Curious George so the hostess requested we incorporate him into the dessert table somehow.  I lucked out and used my little one's "Curious George and the Birthday Surprise" book propped against a sweet pink and white striped pillow at the head of the "bed."  She also wanted one of our Bedtime Story Sugar Cookies to stand out and be special just for Sofia, so we did a lone Curious George cookie amongst a plateful of Eric Carle's "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" inspired ones.

Bedtime Story Sugar Cookies.

Cereal boxes tied up with personalized pink spoons.


Our breakfast inspired birthday cake is maybe one of my all time favorite Oh, Sugar! creations.  The birthday girl specifically wanted her cake topped with a stack of flapjacks and the rest was up to us.  Well, no way could I resist making bacon-shaped cookies to spell out Sofia's name, and I finally got to use the random gummy fried eggs I found at TJ Maxx awhile ago. (I KNEW I'd find a use for them!)

Cookie pancakes!

Back view of cake with "fried eggs."

A twist on Rice Krispie Treats using Fruit Loops.



Peanut butter Fuzzy Slippers - get the tutorial here from Hungry Happenings.


Parfait bar.

Topping bar.

These silly things were the surprise hit of the party!

Jammie sets as to go favors for the kids.


Happy birthday Sofia!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this party!! Everything is so cute! That cake with all of the breakfast items is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party is adorable! I am doing a breakfast-themed baby shower for my sis n law and I'm going to use some of this as inspiration! http://entertainingcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Really thankful to you for starting this.

    event planning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I am going to do the cereal boxes for this upcoming Valentine's Day for my son. Could you tell me how you got the letters on the spoon? Was it regular glue?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Love the PJ cookies. Did you hand cut or use your own cookie cutter?
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies