Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, June 7, 2013

I Love You to Alpha Bits

Trying to come up with fresh ideas for teacher's gifts at the end of the year is a little challenging.  Last year I totally blew it and didn't do anything.  I always give out cookies, so I thought about maybe doing Rice Krispie Treats.  
And then I remembered these Froot Loops treats I did awhile back and tried to think if there's any teacher appropriate cereal out there that would work when it hit me - Alpha Bits!  Perfect!
I used the classic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe (3 tbl butter melted with 4 cups mini marshmallow and 6 cups of cereal), doubled the recipe and poured at all onto a greased cookie sheet.  I greased my hands and compressed the cereal goo to give me high and dense treat bars.  
When cool I use a long sharp knife to cut into squares and managed to squeeze in 2 layers of nine treats in each of these adorable jars scored at TJ Maxx ($7.99! Total steal!) The came with chalkboard labels that I wrote our message on, tied them up with a fat yellow polka dot bow and voila! Teachers gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies