Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Sugar!


Forgive me.  This is my super self-indulgent post. As I just wrapped up the Sangria and Spanish Lace wedding and am about to start designing a dessert table for an elegant fall wedding, it struck me that MY wedding was the first real event I'd ever planned.  So I pulled together some pictures to showcase our very DIY wedding done on a budget. We had about 65 guests at the charming Tivoli Terrace in Laguna beach, where the Pageant of the Masters is held.  Chocolate and robin's egg blue along with a sweet little vespa icon where the recurring themes. My husband loves all things motorcycle and I love all things Italian so it was the perfect marriage - pun intended.  So here's a glimpse of the real Mr. and Mrs. Sugar (albeit a little younger and a lot thinner).  I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking a stroll down memory lane.

DIY invitations



Groom's boutonniere.


Something old: vintage locket with pictures of dad.

Simple white hydrangea arrangements.

Budget bride steal - Ebay dress: $250


Something Blue: "Happily Ever After" embroidery.

The most difficult part of the wedding.  Finding wedding shoes that weren't heinous.  These satin d'orsay Stewart Weitzmans had just enough glitz to get the job done (for about an hour before I had to kick them off).


Single ladies in the wedding party signed the bottom of my wedding shoes.  The first name to be danced off the sole is the next to wed!


DIY wedding programs.


Wedding card mailbox.


Something new: pre-ceremony gift.

"Angela, You truly are the love of my love.  I'm so very thankful you'll be my wife.  I promise to love you every day.  All my love, Brad."  Oh, Mr. Sugar.  He's a keeper.


DIY flower girl basket.

A childhood friend performs the ceremony.


You may now headlock the bride.

Husband and wife!


Favors: home made cookies and a toy vespa.

Silly ice breaker quiz.


The newlywed's table.





Something borrowed: mom's cake topper.



No cake was smashed in the taking of this picture.



First dance.







The band gets in the action.



The groom's parents renew their vows.


The flower girl in heaven.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Luv the pix. Esp the end. It was definitely hilarious. All beautifully taken. Wished I had a wedding too but mine was a very small one within the family. Now 10 years on....hopefully we'll get to renew our vows on our 15th yr at the beach....it would be a dream come true. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jeanette. It was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post my friend! I especially love the @$$ grab at the end ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies