Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Edible Cake Toppers


So in love. With an edible wedding cake topper. This is the cherry on top of the Sangria and Spanish Lace wedding Oh, Sugar! Events just wrapped up.  We did FIVE cakes for the happy couple, including a three tiered traditional wedding cake, and it hit me - they don't have a wedding topper.  I know some brides might think they're old fashioned or even cheesy, but I love them (especially the vintage ones).  My mother has a nice collection of them, so I originally toyed with the idea of using one of them on the dessert table but knowing not everyone is as big a fan of them as I am, I kept thinking...  and then it came to me.  Do it as a cookie.  And put it on top of an edible base.  Some times I am a genius!  (And did I mention humble?)


So I emailed back and forth with one of the bridesmaids to get the lowdown on the bride and groom's attire/hair/flowers and this is what we came up with.

This 3 inch cake base sits on a pillar candle stick.

Lace and bouquet detail.


Tux and boutonniere details.

Cuffs and buttons.

Back view of cookie topper.


Lace trim detail on cathedral veil.

Our topper at the reception.


1 comment:

  1. Are you an artist? Your cookies are amazing in detail and artwork. Do you free hand all your work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies