Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Friday, February 17, 2012

Operation Cookie


Sometimes the best cure for burn out is to just play.  I've been so busy lately with cookie orders and party planning (not complaining, I swear), that it's started to feel a little bit like a grind with little time to enjoy my family.  This week I had some downtime and spent it not at the spa, but doing more cookies.  Well, one monster cookie to be exact.  

I'd had this idea of an Operation inspired cookie for awhile, but wasn't sure how exactly to go about it.  I started out with a huge cookie - like 7x12" the biggest one to come out of our oven yet.  I wanted the game pieces to be moveable, but wasn't sure exactly how to go about it.  Pipe them on mini cookies, perhaps?  I didn't want the cookies covering up the red openings so I ultimately just piped the shapes in royal icing on a sheet of wax paper and allowed them to dry before peeling them off.  They're way more delicate this way, but it was the exact look I was going for. Loving this blast from the past and the newest member of our Play With Your Food movement.  Plenty of detail pics ahead.  Enjoy!

The set.

Pieces in place - and no annoying buzzer!



Tweezer detail.

Funny bone.


Writer's cramp!

7 comments:

  1. This cookie is I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is soooooo cute!!! You did an AMAZING job!!!! Did you draw this freehand or use a Kopykake Projector? The detail is GREAT!!!!

    So was there any playing??? LOL!!!

    This is too spectacular to eat!!! You should "preserve" this with a sealant(like Bread Dough Ornaments).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!!! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the most amazing decorated cookies I've ever seen. What a clever idea to actually have moving pieces. Although I'm sure you would have enjoyed a day at the spa, your creation was well worth the time you spent and I find creating is the best therapy.

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies