Welcome to Angela Rudy Cookies, formerly known as Oh, Sugar! Events. We specialize in hand-decorated sugar cookies to make your event feel truly special. So put your feet up and stay awhile as you browse our site for inspiration from our latest projects.

In the market for a couple dozen show stopping favors? Please contact Angela Rudy Cookies for a custom quote. Enjoy!
Email: angelarudycookies@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Dangers of Procrasti-baking

Oy!  What was I thinking?  Three dozen cookies due by 10am and I decide to start hand painting them at 7pm the night before...  What an idiot!  And so the term Procrasti-baking was born. PROCRASTIBAKING [proh-kras-tuh-beyk-ing] Verb. The act of putting off or delaying, especially something requiring immediate attention: She considered herself a smart cookie, but her constant procrastibaking often led her to stay up all night finishing projects.

These Diary of A Worm cookies were for a regular client who was hosting a book club meeting, and this was their featured title. I'm not a seasoned cookie painter, but I used to be handy with a paintbrush back in college.  I found  painting with food coloring surprisingly similar to working with water color.  I can see the appeal. It's quick drying, you can blend colors and it goes fast.

36 of these creepy crawlies! I was happy with how they turned out, but happier that they were finished in time. Never again!  Until the next time.
Blending detail

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. I will post it asap! Best - Angela Rudy Cookies